- It starts from the root node and continue to the next level and visit all the nodes from left to right. After that it will start from the next level.
- Its slower than DFS
- It requires more memory as it needs to visit all the nodes
- Useful in finding the shortest path, Connectivity
- It starts from the root node and continue/follow the branches of the tree until it reaches the leaf node. If the leaf node is found, then continue with the nearest ancestor
- It requires less memory as compared to BFS
- Its faster than BFS