In this post, I am going to show the step by step instructions for merging our local branch with the master.
Please follow the below steps,
1. Go into your GitHub repository or your project repository
2. Create a local branch with the below command,
git branch local-branch
3. Then move into that branch
git checkout local-branch
4. Then make the relevant changes and issue the below commands to commit it
git add . git commit -m "commit message"
5. Then move back to master branch and merge it as below
git checkout master git merge local-branch git push origin master
If you see any conflicts while doing push, then do rebase and then push.