We can also use Binaural Beats for relaxation and inducing sleep
While reading through the post in Quora, I found the below technique and its very useful for everyone to improve the productivity at the work place. We can also combine this technique with the podomoro technique to get the maximum result
The steps are given below,
1. Take a paper and draw rectangles which represents 25 minutes block as much as you want
2. Write down what do you want to achieve in that rectangle. Prioritize the tasks accordingly
3. Tick them once it is completed.
How to follow this,
1. Take the first rectangle and take the set of tasks one by one
2. Then Run the timer and work on those tasks and have a mind set to finish those task within 25 mins.
3. Once the time is over, then tick all the tasks that are completed and move the unfinished tasks to the next rectangle
4. Take a break for 5 or 10 mins
5. Continue to work on [Steps 2 to 5] until you finish all the tasks
LastPass is an useful chrome plugin for managing our passwords in a secure manner. It will also acts as a form filler.
Link to download this plugin: LastPass
In our day to life we keep on checking Facebook, Twitter and other entertainment sites.
We can’t control our mind by not checking on these sites. Due to this our productivity comes down drastically. If we get distracted by anything, then our mind will take lot of times to concentrate on that task.
There is a plugin called Stay Focused in Chrome which helps us to limit the amount of time spending on the social and entertainment sites. Once we install the plugin, we have to add the websites to be blocked in the settings and also configure the max allowable timing. Once the the max time reached, then you wont be able access those blocked sites in Stay focused. All those web sites are blocked by this plugin which help us to stay focus on our work.
Refer the below link,
The Pomodoro Technique is a time management method developed by Francesco Cirillo in the late 1980s
We can use this technique for managing our tasks. So there are six steps in this technique. They are given below
- Decide on the task to be done.
- Set the pomodoro timer (traditionally to 25 minutes).
- Work on the task until the timer rings. If a distraction pops into your head, write it down, but immediately get back on task.
- After the timer rings, put a checkmark on a piece of paper.
- If you have fewer than four checkmarks, take a short break (3–5 minutes), then go to step 1.
- Else (i.e. after four pomodoros) take a longer break (15–30 minutes), reset your checkmark count to zero, then go to step 1.
You can use the system timer or there are lots of Chrome plugin or apps available which you can use.
To name a few, Time doser, Pomodoro Timer, Simple Pomodoro and Strict Workflow
KanbanFlow app is integrated with Pomodoro timer. So we can easily manage our time with the KanbanFlow app.[https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/kanbanflow/hhhlbmjihokflibmbfmldajolmkaemhi?hl=en-US]
A Kanban board is a work and workflow visualization tool that enables you to optimize the flow of your work
Below is one of the nice example of a Kanban board.
This is widely used in all the companies along with Agile Development.
If we want to maintain a personal Kanban board for managing your personal tasks then we could use the below site